Wednesday 25 June 2008

Trip To Tiffin, OH

We took a small detour while travelling to Kirtland and drove to Tiffin. This is a very special place for me. This is where they found the law documents by Oliver Cowdery that I am transcribing today. I wanted to drive the extra 4 hours and go take a picture outside the courthouse where the documents were found. The courthouse is now closed so we were not able to go inside, but being there was a special thing for me.
Yes, that small head is mine :)
While travelling down there we saw some amazing scenery.
However, on the way back we hit such a huge thunder storm. We had to drive with our hazard lights on so that the people could see us from behind. It was a very scary moment!

1 comment:

Mrs. Walker said...

That's so awesome you were able to go see the place where your documents were from. I bet it was really satisfying for you. And I would have been freaking out in that rain storm too!